Don’t Have a Mental Breakdown During Your GEELONG PHOTOGRAPHY SESSIONJanuary 11, 2018
Family Photographs are great – they help you create and remember fond memories of your loving family, make beautiful keepsakes and art work for your home and allow your children to feel valued. Sometimes however, you may be feeling a little anxious about ‘Family Photography Day “. Here at Sara Taylor Photography we are super experienced in Family Photography and Baby Photography and we always love an extended Family Photography Session we have had many years of experience in all genres and know exactly how to create a super relaxed family photography session. Our goal is to create relaxed family photographs for your home. If you are feeling a little anxious about the session here are a few tips to help you along your way. Seriously though we have you covered, it’s all part of the service.
- Take some deep breaths. Deep breathing is a common relaxation method. It can quickly calm your stress level and you can do it anywhere. Breathe in through your nose and exhale through your mouth, counting slowly in your head while letting it all out.
- Laugh.Laughter is a great way to release tension. It will also help your family relax to get some genuine smiles. Have everyone pretend to laugh and they will feel so ridiculous that they will actually laugh. This will ease everyone into relaxation mode. This is one of our favorites during any Family Photography Session.
- Count down slowly (in your head) from 10. Take a deep breath between each number. If you’re still feeling super stressed, start the process over, back at 10.
- Distract yourself. If your family isn’t cooperating and you are getting stressed, suggest that we play a game or take a walk. This will let some of the energy out and also give us some good interacting photos. Prior to your session, think of a short game that your family would enjoy – it could be something like duck, duck, goose, or dancing to head, shoulders, knees, and toes, etc.
You can also distract yourself by going to your ‘happy place.’ Try to take yourself out of the situation you’re in and let your mind wander.
- Trace your hand. Take your finger and trace a figure eight on the palm of your opposite hand. This helps relieve stress and muscle tension.
- Give lots of XOXOs. Not only will these make for cute poses, but one of the most effective ways to relieve stress is to hug someone or to kiss them. Gather your family in a big group hug, or give your husband a kiss and let your worries melt away.
We look forward to seeing you at your family photography session. We are now booking family, newborn, wedding and corporate photography sessions right here in Geelong from Feb 2018 onwards. Simply contact the studio office for details and availability (5221 1616).